Hello, I'm Paul
I'm a developer with over 12 years of experience in web application programming. For the last 5 years, I have been working mainly with WordPress and WooCommerce on the backend and frontend. I'm also skilled with MVC frameworks like Laravel or Symfony 4. I use this knowledge to build custom solutions for Wordpress and WooCommerce apps. I develop applications like social websites, e-learning websites, schedule apps, company websites, e-commerce stores and websites from scratch or based on third-party plugins and themes.
I'm also skilled with Wordpress theme customization and have a full understanding of RWD. My coding style follows the WordPress guidelines - which means I always try to make sure the client can upgrade the WP core and all plugins without messing up the individual changes.
- Team leader, Agile, Scrum
- Soft skills, Contact with clients, trainings for clients,
- Social media API's integrations (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google),
- Creating and using REST services, JSON/XML API,
- Implementing payment gateways (stripe, PayPal etc.),
- Chrome extensions, PhoneGap/Cordova applications,
- Working with large data storage in MySQL, AWS, Managing LAMP,
- Code optimisation (refactoring, minimization),
- Page optimisation (optimise load time, optimise schema, optimise for mobile views and for search engines),
- Tools like Composer, Grunt, Gulp, Bower, Webpack, Wiredep,
- Git flow, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Docker
- SOLID, KISS, DRY, PSR standards,
- Task management tools: Redmine, Trello, JIRA, Gitlab issues, Github issues, Teamwork, Asana.
Freelanceyears 2009 - 2012, Poland
Self employed. Learn of web technologies for creating websites, and mobile applications. Average 10 web projects per year. Work as a freelancer - front-end web developer. First big project - full stack development of product import platform from USA.
Kogga.pl - Paul Cmachowski01 April 2013 - 01 Jan. 2016, Sosnowiec - Katowice
Freelance work under Kogga.pl label. Managing team of developers and graphic designers. Accomplishment 25 projects by year.
WordCamp Poznan 20186-8 July 2018, Poznan
Speaker at WordCamp Poznań 2018. The subject of the presentation: "WordPress and plugins as MVP base for commercial projects"
Polcode - Senior PHP Developer15 Feb. 2016 - Now, Katowice
Work in Polcode company as Senior PHP Developer and Team Leader. Participate in projects for foreign clients - mainly USA and UK. Development of soft skills and full stack technical skills.
Develtio - Web DeveloperSeptember 2019 - now, Katowice / remote
Participate in projects for significant local clients - mainly from Poland. Development of WordPress + WooCommerce and Symfony 4 skills.
- Expertise and proficiency in Wordpress and WooCommerce development,
- Problem-solving attitude, get things done attitude,
- Great responsiveness and responsibility
- English proficiency
- Combining a business and programming approach
IT Technical School30 June 2010, Sosnowiec
Completion of the IT Technical School in the " Zespół Szkół Elektronicznych i Informatycznych" in Sosnowiec. Specialization: internet applications.
BSc, Engineer - Information Technology14 Jan. 2014, Gliwice
Obtaining the engineering diploma. Completion of the Faculty of Applied Mathematics at the Silesian University of Technology, majoring in Information Technology. Specialization: internet programming.